Accomplished software engineer with a track record of innovative problem solving and process improvement. Expert knowledge of MVC framework application design such as Java/Spring, Ruby on Rails, Model-Glue in ColdFusion and CakePHP using both traditional database (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle) connectivity as well as web services (SOAP, REST) integration.
jQuery, Prototype/Scriptaculous Databases/Persistence layers: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Tokyo Tyrant Testing Tools: RSpec, Cucumber, Webrat, Selenium, FakeWeb Web Services: REST (JSON and XML), SOAP Source Control: Git, SVN Build/Deploy Tools: ANT, Maven (2 and 3), Capistrano, Hudson Application Servers and Midleware: Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, Mongrel, Phusion Passenger, Rack
Software Engineering Manager/Software Engineer – Deep Web Technologies
Deep Web Technologies leverages cutting-edge technology to provide “deep” federated search results from sources unavailable to traditional, index-based search engines.
- Developed cloud-based, n-tier federated search application with Java/Spring and Ruby on Rails
- Solved transient and persistent data storage problems with combination of MySQL, Tokyo Tyrant and Memcache
- Implemented behavior driven design (BDD) with RSpec, FakeWeb and Selenium
- Created web standards compliant user interface with HTML 5, CSS, jQuery and AJAX
- Deployed to Tomcat and Jetty on BSD and Linux server stacks
- Converted Ant build process to Maven to decrease software dependency risk
- Maintained Subversion (SVN) and Git for source control management
- Created continuous deployment environment with Hudson and Capistrano
- Extracted and assembled product requirements with Project Manager
- Organized software engineering team using Agile/Scrum & Kanban development life-cycle
Lead Programmer – Xynergy, Inc.
August 2007-September 2008
Xynergy is New Mexico’s leading web development shop, providing clients end- to-end web presence from top-notch design to complex custom application development and everything in between.
- Developed web applications with CakePHP, MySQL, Prototype/Scriptaculous and jQuery
- Implemented content management systems such as Drupal, CMS Made Simple and Joomla ● Maintained LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) servers
- Implemented Agile/Scrum software development life-cycle to increase project visibility reduce feature scope creep risk
- Worked with customers to define product requirements
Senior Software Developer – TechReps/Ktech
July 2006-August 2007
TechReps, a division of Ktech, provides software solutions for Sandia National Labs.
- Developed application with Java/Spring, SQLServer
- Created a rich user interface with Prototype/Scriptaculous and AJAX
- Maintained and improved ColdFusion applications
- Manged Subversion repository
- Advised Project Manager on Agile/Scrum iterations and releases
Lead Developer – Verde
2005 – 2006
- Implemented content management systems and e-commerce solutions
- Integrated customer relationship management tools
- Created search engine optimization practice
Applications Developer II – The University of Iowa
- End-to-end development of HR, Operations and Finance related web applications used university-wide using PHP, ColdFusion and Oracle
- Teamed with DBA’s to create and implement data models
Intern Developer II, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- On-the-job training in both JSP and Oracle to develop group intranet tool
Bachelor of Arts – Cornell College 2002
- Major in Computer Science
- Major in International Business
References available on Request